Thursday, January 16, 2014

Review: True Love Story Willow Aster

Growing up in an idealistic home, Sparrow Fisher is sheltered and innocent. When she meets Ian Sterling, a musician who is rising in popularity, she instantly falls for his charm. They run into each other over the next few months and eventually begin an unconventional relationship.

At different places in their lives, Sparrow is off to college in New York, and Ian is traveling the country with the band. When they see each other, all seems wonderful and lighthearted, but when they’re apart, Sparrow is left to wonder if Ian really cares about her the way he says he does, or if she’s just another pretty face to him.

Once their relationship steadies, they’re both happier than they’ve ever been, and it’s hard to not get caught up in the magic they have together. Until something so devastating comes to light that threatens to shatter everything they’ve built with each other.
True Love Story is a story about the real highs and lows that come with a relationship—happiness, pain, angst, and finding out if love really is enough.


So apparently, I fell a bit behind last year on my reading…I purchased this book in February 2013 and have just gotten around to reading it…man I’m horrible. I have read many rants and raves about this book on the web and was finally able to see what everyone was freaking out about. OMG, so glad I finally got my chance to read it! This is one of those books that has you squirming in your skin because you want badly for something to happen and then it finally does and you are still squirming from the giddy excitement.

With me being a new mommy, my time is very limited for reading, so if I’m reading, it better be good! I don’t want to waste my time on anything that is less than excellent. This book fit the new standards for this new mommy. I didn’t regret a single moment of reading. It’s beautiful, angsty and drama filled….just the way I like it!

This is a rock star story, but not the obnoxious, bad boy rocker we normally think of. This is about a guy, who lives for his music, has a bit of fame and a few women. Oh, and our heroine is far from a groupie. She is just a young girl that falls in love at the wrong time..ahh…sigh….
I think Ian Sterling fell for me today.



There is no way that Ian Sterling feels anything real for me.



I fell for him at first sight four years ago.



Of course, I don’t believe in love at first sight.



Okay, if not love at first sight, then I fell in love with him today, when we spoke… when he took my hand in his.



That was pure lust, not to be confused with love.



I’ve never felt like this.



I’m young and don’t know what I’m feeling.



I’m not an idiot; I know my own mind better than anyone.



He is a master flirt and it was meaningless.



I think I rocked his world.



I hate when I do the girl thing. I’m sure Ian left lunch this afternoon and didn’t give me another thought. Why can’t I be like that?


We start our knowing from the very beginning that the couple is not together even though they once were. I LOVED that about this book. I already knew where it was going in the beginning. But then we get a flash back to before they even knew each other and we go from there to work our way up to why they aren’t together. Let me tell you. This is a bumpy, touchy, steamy, gut wrenching road!



This book was just what I have needed. Not a series, just an awesome stand alone that fulfills my every reading need between the pages of the wonderful story that wasn’t too short but wasn’t too long either. It was just right for what needed to be explored and we end the book with a feeling of fullness from the words we have digested.


If you like rock star books, read this. If you like sweet, flirty books….read this. If you want a realistic love story read this. For those of use that just love the drama, angst and all of the squirmy, cant sleep good stuff, READ THIS!






No comments:

Post a Comment