Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: The Ever After of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

The day Ella has waited for is just around the corner. It's the day she'll marry Micha, the love of her life, the light that guided her out of the darkness. It looks like it will be the perfect Christmas-until an unexpected package arrives with a harsh reminder of Ella's past. Suddenly Ella doesn't feel as confident about her future. Can she really have a "happily-ever-after" if she's never even seen one?

Micha will stand by Ella no matter what she's going through-though he worries that she might leave him standing at the altar again. When he's offered a once-in-a-lifetime chance to tour with his favorite bands for three months, Micha knows he can't leave Ella behind. But can he ask her to uproot her life to join him on the road?

Now Ella and Micha must find a way to balance their fears, their dreams, and their love . . . if they ever want to hear wedding bells.

Maybe I am just over Ella and Micha, I’m not sure, but I never thought the day would come when I didn’t thoroughly enjoy a Jessica Sorensen book. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed this book to a certain extent, but I don’t feel that it was needed. I think we could have had a novella and been through with it.

Ella and Micha helped me to fall deeper in love with the works of Sorensen, but after reading this book I think I am over my love with the couple. Ella kind of got on my nerves with her insecurities. I know she is insecure, I got that from the other books, but I really needed for her to get over it in this book. Micha almost became a pushover to her insecurities. He doesn’t care what she does as long as they are together. That gets a little old. Man up Micha!

Even though the characters annoyed me a bit, this book was still kinda needed. I am happy that we finally get the HEA that Ella and Micha deserve; I just think it could have been done with a novella and in the end of Lila and Ethan’s book. Take out the flash backs and only give us the present day moving toward the wedding and I think it would have been a lot better.

Don’t hate me Jessica…I still love you J

3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment