Friday, November 15, 2013

Review: Long After by Cheryl McIntyre

For Annie Phillips, there is a right way to do things and everything has a place. College and her flawless GPA are top priority, as is planning her perfect future. Anything less than perfection is unacceptable. So when she meets Loden Guiles, she believes she has finally found her perfect happily-ever-after.

Chase Malloy is funny, loyal, and an all around nice guy. He’s also sloppy, tattooed, and undirected. All Chase wants to do is survive college, hang out with friends, and make music. Knowing his best friend’s step-sister since they were fourteen, Annie and he have always had a love-hate relationship. The last thing Chase expects is to fall for Annie, but he knows he’ll never live up to her idea of the perfect man.

On the outside, Annie and Loden’s relationship appears picture perfect. But behind closed doors, Annie quickly realizes Loden isn’t the man he pretends to be. Every time her not so well laid plans crumble, and Loden proves to be not so Mr. Right, Chase is there to pick her up and brush her off. Will she realize the perfection she’s been searching for has been in front of her all this time?

*Long After is a companion novel to Sometimes Never and Before Now. Many of the same characters appear in Chase and Annie's story. However, it can be read as a stand-alone book.

**This is a new adult novel. Due to harsh language, sexual situations, and violence, this book is recommended for 17+.
 
 

Review:
LOVE...LOVE....FREAKING LURVE LONG AFTER!! This has to be my favorite of Cheryl McIntyre's books and it takes ALOT to make me sway from my love for Park Reed and I mean ALOT! <------ Seriously, no joke! Not only is it my favorite of the series, it's my favorite book of the YEAR. Yea, I said year as in the whole of 2013, every book I've read this year.... THIS IS THE ONE!!



I knew after I read Book One, Sometimes Never that Chase was going to be special and I knew that there was some sort of connection between him and Annie but I never expected this....for my world to be turned upside down, flipped over, shaken, stirred and covered with the best post it notes EVER! <--- you have to read the book to get that last one :)

Okay so we can all agree that Annie isn't our favorite character in the first two books. She's a bit shallow and self centered but we do see little teeny tiny glimpses of a real person under all that fake cheerleader, popular girl who-ha crap. Honestly I expected Annie to be a first class whiney bitch, but I should have known that Cheryl had something up her sleeve when she brought Annie to life. My heart broke for her and the struggles she went through and it made me think, there are girls out there that go through this everyday and that's one of the things I love about this author, she writes about real issues, serious issues that affect our youth today. Annie's character blew me away and as much as I love Hope for being a badass, I love Annie just as much for what she goes through and how she grows into herself. All of these characters feel like they are a part of your family, I seriously never want it to end.

 
My favorite thing about this book is the fact that Cheryl used song titles as the names for each chapter. Melissa and I are both HUGE music lovers, and it's like Cheryl tapped into our souls and created the perfect playlist. Like Chase, music is in our bones and maybe that's why I relate to him so well or it could be that he is just...sigh...PERFECT! I can't wait for more from Cheryl McIntyre, this lady NEVER disappoints and NEVER ceases to amaze me! I can't wait for more from her and this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment