Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review: Bold Tricks (The Artist Trilogy #3) by Karina Halle

The Faster They Live, the Harder They Fall . . .
Raised by con artists, Ellie Watt has a lot of crazy childhood memories-but none crazier than being scarred with acid by the demented crime boss Travis Raines. Now Ellie is a full-grown woman who lives for revenge, and Travis is a full-blown drug lord who kills for pleasure. The sadistic bastard has kidnapped her good friend Gus as well as her mother, whom he's been holding as prized possessions in his heavily guarded lair. And Ellie has only one chance in hell of getting them out alive-using two dangerous men who love her to death . . .

One is Camden McQueen, a talented tattoo artist who's made a permanent mark on Ellie's heart. The other is Javier Bernal, her fiery ex-lover who's busted more than a few heads in his time. From the crime-ridden streets of Mexico City to the predatory jungles of Honduras, this unlikely trio forms an uneasy alliance in the deadliest game of all-a gun-blazing battle to the finish that will pit enemy against enemy and lover against lover. And Ellie must choose the right man to trust . . . or die.


This is the first book I have read since I had the baby. That my friends, was NOT an easy task, lol. Normally this book would have taken a day to complete. It took me 3! Never the less, I finished something that I wanted to do and now I feel accomplished. Maybe I can still be a reader, reviewer and Mommy.

Karina Halle is my all time favorite author so it is hard for me to say that I didn't love this book. Don't get me wrong, I love the series and I liked the book it just wasn't my favorite of them all. I say, let's do another book with an alternate ending that way we can all be happy, lol.

As with the other books of the series this one is sure to get your blood pumping. It is action packed with many twists and turns along the way. There are happy moments, mad moments and even some sad moments. The ending, I KNOW, will have you on the edge of your seat regardless if you are for Javier or Camden. You won't know what to do with yourself. If you are a Halle fan, like myself, then you know that you have no idea what to expect when it comes to her plot twists and character relationships. This was the ending that some needed for this series, but not the ending that I needed, lol (if you know what team I am then you can probably guess why). No matter my feelings on the "choice" at the end it was still a great ending to a wonderful, bloody and brilliant series. If you have followed the Artist Trilogy this far, go ahead and take the plunge and read the final book. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment