Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review & Playlist: The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is finally out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way to clear his name is for Callie to speak up-something he'll never ask her to do. Instead, he'll do whatever he must to protect her . . . even if it means letting go of the only girl he's ever loved.

Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But that means facing her greatest fear and admitting her own painful secrets aloud. The thought of breaking her silence terrifies her-but not as much as the thought of losing Kayden forever.

Deep in her heart, Callie knows the time has come for her and Kayden to forget the pain of the past. With the help of her friends Seth and Luke she makes a plan to show Kayden the life they could have. But can she convince him they can make a fresh start together-or is she already too late?

When I wrote the review for The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden, it started out something like this…..Astounding! Bewildering!! Breathtaking!!! Extraordinary!!!! STUUUUPENDOUS!!!!! This book follows in the same footsteps and was nothing short of amazing. I’m confident that it is better than book 1 and can’t wait for the next book to come out. Jessica Sorensen NEVER disappoints me and I feel I will be a life long fan of hers and long as she continues to push out the goodies like this.

Remember the horrible cliff hanger we were left with in book 1? Book 2 picks up where book 1 left off and continues with the same intense momentum. I’m surprised I have any fingernails left after finishing this book. I was constantly on the edge of my seat and I’m pretty sure I burned my kindle up trying to turn the page so fast.  Jessica has the ability to bring any reader to their feet. I wanted to wallow in the pain I felt while reading but I also wanted to stand and clap for the progress that was made between the characters. I honestly don’t know what she does to me. She makes me swoon for Kayden, his friend Luke and even our gay friend Seth. All the characters she has are totally relatable. The situations and horrors they face are realistic and the way the work to overcome obstacles is fantastic.

Maybe if I try hard enough, we’ll fall into each other and become one single person and we can share our pain instead of carrying it by ourselves.

Whatever you are doing to us Jessica, keep on doing it. Callie & Kayden hold a permanent spot on my bookshelf and will always be one of top recommendations to fellow readers. The love light overcomes the darkness is this wonderful, complicated love story. 5 stars.

On a side note, I have a message from Jessica Sorensen that confirms there will be another Callie & Kayden book and Luke will also be getting his own book. I can’t wait! After the way book 2 ended (not as bad as book 1), I know book 3 will be above and beyond.

Here is the playlist I was able to compile while reading:

I was planning in heading back in a few days anyway, but then my phone starts playing “Hate Me,” by Blue October. I frown. “It’s my mom.”


“You’re going to have to guess.” Luke Sets the iPod down and a song clicks on, “Running Away,” by Hoobastank.

The radio is blasting a little Chevelle and the clouds fade the closer we get to the ocean and the stars dot the sky.

We all remain quiet as he veers off roads and makes turns down the narrow streets. The radio plays “Wonderwall,” by Oasis, and then “Hands Down,” by Dashboard Confessionals.

Seth starts clapping and I move my hands together, but then my phone rings from inside my pocket. “Cumbersome,” by Seven Mary Three.

3 comments:

  1. CHEVELLE? ERMAHGERD, ALL THE WIN IN THE WORLD. ;p

    p.s. i'm seriously withering away waiting for this release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooooo good!! Now, I need the next book, lol.

      Delete
  2. Love the review! Can't wait to read it. The first book is such a cliff hanger but i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete