Friday, July 5, 2013

Review: Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover

Hopeless was Sky’s story. Now, in Losing Hope, we finally learn the truth about Dean Holder.

Haunted by the little girl he couldn’t save from imminent danger, Holder’s life has been overshadowed by feelings of guilt and remorse. He has never stopped searching for her, believing that finding her would bring him the peace he needs to move on. However, Holder could not have anticipated that he would be faced with even greater pain the moment they reconnect.

In Losing Hope, Holder reveals the way in which the events of Sky’s youth affected him and his family, leading him to seek his own redemption in the act of saving her. But it is only in loving Sky that he can finally begin to heal himself.


When I read Hopeless, I thought it was okay….Slammed was one of my favorite
series in 2012 and I felt that Hopeless would outshine it. I was wrong. Even thought I really enjoyed the book it still couldn’t hold a candle to Slammed…at least until I read Losing Hope.


Reading this story from Holder’s POV shed a whole new light on everything. I can’t really explain the pull that I had to this story, but it drew me in far more than Hopeless ever did. I know you must be wondering how this is possible since they are pretty much the same story, but there is just so much more to Losing Hope. We get to see the big picture of everything! The raw emotions that Holder felt, and the hopelessness he had after losing Hope and Les and then learning the truth of what happened to both of them…ah, words can’t describe the emotions I felt with him. I just wanted to hug him. Plus, this book digs up whole new secrets. Things we never read about in Hopeless….you just have to read it. Be prepared for a major book hangover. Hangover rule #1….don’t finish a book at work that you fear may leave you hurting and happy and all hung over, lol. People will look at you and they will judge you, lol.

This book can be read in 1 sitting. You will not want to put it down. But, if you want to savor the feeling and take a few chapter breaks…I highly recommend. I promise you will need them after the reveals in the book and the emotions that come along with it. 4.5 star. I’m thinking it will be in the tops of the year. Colleen is consistent when it comes to taking my breath away in her stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment