Friday, June 28, 2013

Review: There Is No Light in Darkness by Claire Contreras

Blake Brennan had a difficult introduction to life. She lives in a constant state of paranoia, believing that she is the reason those around her get hurt. Her feelings are tested when her past comes back to haunt her and she must choose whether she wants to continue to live in fear or let her heart love freely.

This is part one of a series and contains sexual content and explicit language.

Okay, so yea…I can’t breathe….but that’s okay. I just finished an awesome book that kept me wondering and still has me wondering, I don’t even want to write this review. I just want to jump into book 2 right now, but I know I can’t. I know if I don’t get my feelings about this book down now, I will really be messed up by the time I read book 2 and I just don’t know if I can handle that, lol.

This story…it’s just wow. Yea, it revolves around a sad story, and a dark subject, but there are so many other good things to it too. I can’t imagine even reading this book without the darkness; that would make it be just like everything else I have read and that would be boring. This is one of my favorites of the year….even with the gigantic cliffhanger!!! I hate them, hate them hate them!!! But, since book 2 is out, I have no fears; I know my book hanger will be healed as soon as I finish this review, lol.

The dark mystery behind this book is what engulfed me from the beginning. I had my moments when I felt like I knew something, but as things were slowly revealed, I was blown away. Knowing that the things I had no clue about blew me away really makes me think that when I find out what’s really going on I won’t even be able to function, lol it’s that intense.

I have read a few reviews and the readers didn’t like how the story line flowed and how some events were backwards. That really worked for me. It’s one of the things I really loved about the story. You would get bits and pieces and could try and put it together for yourself and then later on you would find out if your own theories were right. Not to mention the connection we got with the characters. A few readers didn’t connect with the characters as fast as others, me, I was drawn to them immediately.

There, I’ve done it. Now I can go on to book 2 with no regrets. I have expressed my thoughts and now I need to dive in! 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment