Saturday, March 23, 2013

Miss Me Not by Tiffany King


Madison Hanson's past demons have given her a shadow of an existence with little hope. With the sudden tragic death of a fellow student, Madison questions her own life choices, and is now forced to evaluate everything she thought she believed in. When fate intervenes and partners her with Dean Jackson, a popular "all around good guy" from school, Madison gets a glimpse of a life that is filled with sunshine that has the power to break through the darkness she has cloaked herself in.

With Dean's help, Madison discovers a desire to finally step out of the shadows, and embrace life and all its gifts.


This book is well worth reading! It is intense all around. The primary subject is very intense and hit pretty close to home for me having lost a sibling to suicide, but still.... I loved it. This is a beautiful story about forgiveness and self discovery. I am so happy that I finally decided to read it. It was well worth my time and effort and I feel kind of moved by the book.

Even though the subject matter of this book revolves around suicide which is a touchy topic for a lot of people, I wouldn't let that stop you from reading it. It is not graphic at all and only references the topic of suicide, statistics, and why some people commit suicide and then why some people change their mind about it. It is relatable and I would say it's okay for YA to read for sure.

OKay, so where is the romance? lol Well from the synopsis you get that Madison is forced to partner up with a tutor who happens to be one of the Populars. Even though Dean is popular he is still a really good guy. He is genuine, caring and really nice. I loved that about him. The relationship between Madison and Dean was on a slow climb. That made me enjoy the story even more. I was able to get a deeper connection with the characters and it didn't fell rushed. I hate instant love stories. I need to connect with my characters.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I got the connections I needed with my characters, the story was realistic and relatable and the subject was a touchy, but necessary subject to read about. I was little disappointed with the ending. I could have used more...or maybe even a second book, lol. I really liked the characters of the story and would love to read more about their life after high school and how their relationship can progress after the demons Mads had to face. 4 star for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment