Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 Liebster Award

Thank you so much Little Black Book Blog for nominating us for the 2013 Liebster Award! We were nominated in 2012, so we feel pretty honored. Here is our 2012 post.

The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.


Questions from Little Black Book Blog:

1. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
  • Melissa- Really? REALLY!? I don't know that I can pick just one!! But if I had to pick favorite book of ALL time I think I would say The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I loved this book in high school and I still love it now. It is full of drama, lies and betrayal--pretty much like all of the books I love to read now. This just happened to be one of the first books like this that I read---oh, and can you believe it is banned in school now!?
  • Ashley- Wow...hmmm...I would have to say that Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan is my all time favorite book. It's real, it's raw and it will rip your heart out and you will love every minute of it. Bad Boys, Tattoos and Motorcycles...what my dreams are made of. LOL
2. If you had to choose between never eating chocolate or never eating cheese again which would you choose?
  • Melissa- Chocolate! I needs my cheese!!
  • Ashley- I agree Melissa, Chocolate. I eat cheese EVERYDAY!
3. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
  • Melissa- Simple! Dex Foray, Kellan Kyle and Paul Hudson
  • Ashley- Travis Maddox, Ripper (Undeniable Series by Madeline Sheehan) and  Dex Foray or Paul Hudson, it's a tie between the two.
4. Which actor could you match with your number one book boyfriend?
  • Melissa- I don't know his name! Click here for my Dex. annndddd that's right! He made a special birthday message just for me! Karina Halle is the BEST!
  • Ashley- M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold as Travis Maddox ;)
5. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
  • Melissa- Seattle!
  • Ashley- Ireland
6. Where is your favorite place to read a book?
  • Melissa- The Robeson County History Museum. I am a volunteer there and when no one is visiting I can read in peace and quiet with no interruptions.
  • Ashley-In Bed. My husband is asleep so it's peace and quiet.
7. Are you planning to attend any book signings this year and if yes, which one(s)?
  • Melissa- No one ever comes near North Carolina!! So, no, lol.
  • Ashley- Same as Melissa, If something does come close to home we will go.
8. What was the first book you ever reviewed?
9. What book character can you relate to the most?
  • Melissa- Perry Palomino- No one gets her. She has her own clothing style, her own taste in music and she has a good head on her shoulders...just like me!
  • Ashley- Not really sure.
10. If you could see any book made into a movie, what book would it be?
  • Melissa- I really don't want to share any book with the silver screen. I like to keep books in the indie world, I have this issue....I stop liking things when they get too big and too mainstream, but if I had to share a book with the movies I would say The Providence Series by Jamie McGuire, that would make a kick ass movie!
  • Ashley- I share the same feelings as Melissa on this one. The book is always better. I'm a little scared to see 50 shades and Beautiful Disaster when they come out. If I had to choose, I would say the Undeniable Series by Madeline Sheehan, but as a TV Series. I'm a HUGE Sons of Anarchy fan and I think this series would be even better!!
11. What made you want to start blogging?
  • We share all of our books with each other and some of our friends and family were always like "what are you reading, make me a list so I can read it too". So we decided that we would create a book blog for them to follow our list and we could discuss these books, since we are all too busy to have a book club and meet to discuss books.
11 Random Facts About Us
Melissa:
  1. This was actually a question above, but I always get crazy looks when I answer this for people. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Seattle! lol. I am a music nerd, this is the home of the underground....gahhhh I want to go to Seattle so bad!!!
  2. In the 7th grade I was best friends with Ashley's sister. I didn't know who Ashley was. We didn't meet until later in life when we both got a job working in Hell, lol
  3. I like taking scalding hot showers and then turn the water ice cold.
  4. I always return shopping carts to the cart thingy in the parking lot.
  5. I only go in the in door at the store, and out the out door. I hate people that are too occupied to notice they are using the wrong door.
  6. I wore a red wedding dress and black Chuck Taylors.
  7. I walked down the isle to Everlong by Foo Fighters.
  8. I'm on the Board of Directors for The Robeson County History Museum.
  9. I was voted Most Original for the Lumberton High School Class of 2006
  10. I can play the drums.
  11. I never read a book synopsis or teasers. I usually read a book based on recommendation or from a good review.
Ashley:
  1. I am a HUGE DC Comics fan. My favorite is BATMAN!
  2. I am left handed.
  3. I went to school with my husband all my life and I didn't like him, now he is my best friend :)
  4. My favorite shoes are my all black chucks.
  5. I'm a farmer's daughter but can't drive a tractor. Lol, I know crazy right!
  6. I always eat the chocolate off of a snickers bar first then eat the middle.
  7. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers
  8. I laugh at EVERYTHING, I can't help it!
  9. My favorite chips are Lays Dill Pickle, but I hate Pickles. I know I'm weird!
  10. Music is my therapy
  11. I am sarcastic and random and have a weird sense of humor.
11 Blogs We Nominate:
  1. Whirlwind Books
  2. Release The Pages
  3. Sassy Cassie's Reviews
  4. Brianna Lee Book Reviews
  5. Mira's Great Books
  6. Sweet Treat Reading Reviews
  7. Tammy's Tea Time
  8. Amazing Books
  9. Breathe In Books
  10. Books and their Worldy Realm
  11. Shelves of Books
11 Questions for our Nominees:
  1. Can you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time?
  2. What book made you cry?
  3. Of all the books you have read: Who do you hate and who would you marry?
  4. What book made you want to start blogging?
  5. How did you come up with your blog name?
  6. What is your favorite band?
  7. What book character would you be?
  8. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? (lol)
  9. What is your favorite book series?
  10. When playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, what are you most likely to throw?
  11. Do you judge a book by it's cover?


 


2 comments: