Monday, August 20, 2012

While it Lasts by Abbi Glines

A few months ago I discovered the AMAZING author Abbi Glines. After reading my 1st Abbi Glines book I was hooked and have since read everything she has written. I have just completed her most recent release While it Lasts, which is the 3rd book of the Sea Breeze series. Abbi never ceases to amaze me. I have been hooked on Cage York since his introduction in Because of Low (#2 in the Sea Breeze Series) and have desperately been waiting for his story.

Good girl Eva Brooks is your typical farmers daughter. Beautiful, sweet, and off limits to the hired summer hand. Eva has had a hard 18 months. The love of her life was killed in the Baghdad. She still wears the engagement ring she was given before he was deployed, refuses to play her guitar because it reminds her of Josh, and won't even drive her bad ass Jeep that sits in the barn because Josh proposed to her in it. Her only sanity comes from spending all of her time with his twin brother Jeremy.

Cage York was recently arrested for a DUI and threatened to lose his scholarship unless he goes to work for his baseball coaches brother for the summer. Cage has no one but his best friend Low. He comes from a broken family with a mother that could care less about him. Cage is used to the wild night life parties, upon parties and girls coming at him from every direction. How will he ever make it on a farm in the middle of no where.....




Chris Zylka, my versions of Cage York

Cage arrives on the farm and Eva immediately hates him. She knows he has been arrested for driving while intoxicated and has never been exposed to anything bad in her life. She knows Cage is hot, but quickly realizes that good girls and bad boys don't mix and decides it best to give him the cold shoulder. She spends all of her time with Jeremy, giving Cage the impression that she is engaged to Jeremy. An impression she doesn't care to fix, because the less he knows about her, the more he will have to stay away...right? Cage tries his best to get the attention of Eva after he finds out from Jeremy that they are not engaged and that Josh is dead. Eva slowly starts paying more attention to Cage and when he realizes her nice gestures he comes back with "Well, thank you. I was under the impression you wouldn't spit on me if I was on fire" (tehehe).

Shortly after this the story of Cage and Eva begins to unfold. They start spending time together when her father is away. While Cage works on the farm Eva takes every chance she can to bring him water, snacks and cold towels. As their relationship progresses Eva has a conversation with her late ex-boyfriends mother about what kind of boy Cage is and how she should know better than to spend time with him. This makes Eva think about what she is doing and she starts avoiding Cage again.

Why had I let myself care? Why had I decided to fucking care about someone who was so out of my damn reach? Girls like Eva didn't want to keep me. They wanted to play with me for a while and then go find the boy their parents would approve of. I'd learned at a young age that women didn't keep me

So...what happens to Eva and Cage? Why are they so attracted to each other? What do they go through together?  Do they even end up together? Who knows....I guess you will just have to suck it up and read While it Lasts for yourself to find out :)



No comments:

Post a Comment