Sunday, August 26, 2012

What to Read After Fifty Shades of Grey

Okay guys, I know that I have not reviewed Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!) and as much as I love it, I don't think I’m going to (that doesn't mean Ashley won't lol, I know she loves her some Christian Grey). I think the book has become so vastly popular in a short period of time, there is no reason for me to review it. Pretty much everyone knows it is AWESOME, and knows the basics of it.

I will say on a side note, I went into the book blindly. I had no idea exactly what it was about (I read it long before it became the popular series it is today). I remember thinking in the beginning OH, I should let my Mom read this....then I got to the good stuff and turned about fifty shades of red. I was like OMG, I almost sent this to my Mom!! Should I still be reading this!?...well as long as no one knows what I'm reading (thank you Kindle, hehe) it won't hurt me to learn a few new tricks...... J

Okay--getting back on track hehe-- I do however think we need a What to read after Fifty Shades of Grey, cause I mean seriously....who isn't still trying to come down from that Fifty high, lol

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire- okay, so not in the same ball field as Fifty as far as like the NC 17 rating (couldn't resist lol) this book still has the same intensity as Fifty to me. I read Beautiful Disaster before Fifty and this is actually the book that led me to Fifty. I was on a search to find someone that could help me get over the intensity of BD and how much I missed Travis and Abby.

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day- Probably the closest to Fifty that I could find (that doesn't mean you can ignore the rest of the list, lol, the other reads are just as good!) It follows the same theme and intensity as Fifty. An unavailable billionaire becomes taken with a beautiful woman that he bumps into in his building. The must learn how to make their love (maybe lust lol) lives fit together. This one has some pretty steamy scenes too!

Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard- Almost obsessed with this book, I was (whoops, had a Yoda moment)! Gabriel reminded me very much of Christian. He is a well known, super rich, super bossy professor that (against his own will power) becomes attracted to one of his students. It is against university regulations for him to involved with a student, this provides a lot of tension. Are any of you familiar with the story of Dante and Beatrice? If so, then you can guess how the book got it's name. Full of Dante references as well as many similarities of Dante and Beatrice can be found in Gabriel and Julia.

Backstage Pass (The Sinners on Tour) by Olivia Cunning- Who loves rock stars!! WE DO WE DO!! (One of mine and Ashley's many obsessions) This book may not be filled with as much intensity as Fifty, but is definitely filled with many many HOT bedroom (bathroom, tour bus...anywhere lol) scenes. I got the Fifty vibe from this book based on those scenes alone ;)

Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens don't have any BDSM in them like Fifty, but are filled with extreme passion, intensity, betrayal and a horrible love triangle (I mean seriously, it seems like I am always talking about these books lol, so you know I am obsessed with them for sure and recommend them any chance I get).  

All of the books I have listed are series, so If you start them and just feel like you can't get enough, go on to the next one J







1 comment: