Thursday, August 16, 2012

Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts) by Kele Moon

If you're into bad boys with big muscles and bad attitudes then this is the book for you!! It's a quick read that you will not be able to put down.

Clay "Powerhouse" Powers is a Heavy Weight UFC Fighter living in the small town of Garnet with his two best friends and no family. Everyone in town keeps their distance from him, knowing he is not someone you mess with. While sitting alone at a local diner on Thanksgiving a stranger offers him a piece of pie. Clay is touched at this act of kindness. He's not use to people being nice for no reason at all, everyone always expects something from him.

"But you hate pumpkin pie.”
“Yeah, I know that.” Clay scowled. “You think I don’t know I hate it?”
Wyatt gave him a look. “Then why you eating it?”
“That new waitress brought it,” Clay explained, the reminder compelling him to take another bite. He choked, forcing himself to swallow it.

Melody Dylan is trying to escape her past and is on the run from her crazy abusive ex-husband. She is trying to start a new life in Garnet and lands a job as a waitress at a local diner. When she offers Clay a piece of pumpkin pie she has no idea that she is about to lose her heart.

As Clay tries to figure out what these new emotions are that he has for Melody she is trying to fight the demons from her past and pushing Clay away is the only way she knows how.  Clay is not giving up on her and he will do anything to keep her in his life.

"I never met anyone like you, Mel.
First time I saw you I thought you were an angel, and I'm still not all that sure you're not"

Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever heard!!! (sigh). As I said earlier I couldn't put this book down, but as I got closer to the end I was left feeling that it could have been drawn out a little more, like I didnt get enough. Luckily there is a second book to this series and I know Kele (kelemoon.com)  will not disappoint.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for recommending this book!! It was sexy and sweet and actually had a story within the steamyness. I actually liked the second one better and am not so secretly wishing for my own Romeo. Again...thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks, Dawn! I'm appreciate you taking the time to read the review. :) I haven't read the second book yet but it is on my TBR list. I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE Romeo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you've read these, but since you seem to have the same taste in books as I do here are a few I've read recently that I found INCREDIBLE!!!

    Flat Out Love - Jessica Park
    Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry (do not let the "Harlequin Teen" label get to you...it is an amazingly beautiful story that seems more young adult to me)
    Poughkeepsie - Debra Anastasia (OMGOSH AMAZING!!)
    More Than Meets the Ink and Heavy Issues - Elle Aycart (SEXY STEAMY with YUMMY Alpha-Males!!).

    Enjoy!!! Let me know if you have any good ones you've come across!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Ashley and I have read Flat Out Love, we loved it! I haven't read the others (I'm pretty sure Ashley hasn't either, we always read the same books, lol) I am going to add them to my TBR list now :)

    ReplyDelete